Do you accept my insurance for Telehealth Visits?
Online physical therapy services are considered out-of-network with all insurance providers and plans, at this time. You may submit proof of services and payment to your insurance provider, but reimbursement is not guaranteed. At your request, we will supply you the appropriate paperwork for this purpose, but cannot submit billing to your insurance provider. All payments for our services must be made in full at the time of your appointment. Note that we do not treat conditions that are currently part of a no fault case, workers comp case, or part of an active legal case.
Your health insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance provider. It is your responsibility to verify whether physical therapy delivered via video-conferencing (Telehealth or Tele-rehabilitation) is covered under your specific insurance plan.
The steps to help you verify whether your therapy visits might be reimbursed are the same steps you would take if you were seeing a therapist in an office or clinic. Contact your insurance company to ask the following questions:
· Are video-conferencing physical therapy rehabilitation services covered by my plan?
· Does my plan offer out-of-network benefits for physical therapy via video-conferencing?
· What is my plan deductible? Have I met my deductible?
· Do I have a co-payment or co-insurance for Telehealth physical therapy services?
· Does my therapist need to be part of a preferred provider network?
· Is there a limit to the number of physical therapy sessions covered by my plan?